Our less-than-perfect world

I know this one sucks. Anyway..

I’ve seen a bit of everything
At least, in my small world of dreams
And how you wander without thought
Don’t worry dear, we are all lost.

I’ve seen kindness, how it melts my heart
But a life that’s not for me
Albeit I witness death and wrath
Don’t stay too long on this scarred path

I’ve seen the light, but what else is new
When light no longer seems of use
When guns and bombs are made the same
Don’t falter love, but we’re all to blame.

And then we learn from our mistakes
So why keep making all things right?
If up above, we’re all the same
Don’t bother dear, of shame or pride

We try to make our world ideal
But does this imagery exist?
When guns and bombs are stopped too late
Don’t run away, don’t dare to stay

Those people say we’re all the same
But this I know is true
We know squat on what we face, but
Love, I’ll be okay with you

0 comments:

Post a Comment