Take me there

And I want to know everything
No, not what everyone else
knows from reading your lips
and taking a glimpse of the surface
and seeing the ripples that make you cringe and cry
and smelling the scent that you carry

Can I be permitted to
swim into the deeper corners
of your everyday thoughts?
Of your hidden skeletons
and forgotten dreams?
I want to walk on the darker roads with you
If that's alright

Please take me
where everything else
that everyone doesn't know
lies hidden
And give me the key that opens them
I won't let you down
Trust me and we'll walk down there together

And I want you to take me there
where nothing is touched
and nothing is seen
by any other soul
besides you and me
And take me there
to where everything else lies
Take me there
It'll be our secret

0 comments:

Post a Comment