Move to the rhythm of love

At dahil naeexperience ko ang writer's block, hindi ako makagawa ng maayos na articles para sa the Vision. Dahil na rin ako ay topak mode na nagtatagalog blog katulad ng last year kong gawi, nabobobo na ako sa English. Kaya para hindi na magtampo si sir sa akin, susubukan ko nang ibalik ang english self ko, pawang makabuti ito para sa aking journalism performance xD

(English mode on)

Our fourth and final year has been moving way to fast, at least for me, and yet, I am already looking forward to throwing our caps during graduation and leaving for college. I'm tired of our everyday routine, where teachers play "teach" and we learn nothing - or is it just me? Since the start of the year, I haven't taken studying seriously anymore. I gained a new perspective on learning - that we don't have to memorize pages of notes (which we will eventually forget after that long test) and we don't have to exert effort on the things that won't matter in the future. That's it - about 90% of what we learn in high school won't be from our "classes", and around 100% of what we learn in "classes" will soon be forgotten. :D

And yes, it is a bit disappointing that I am going to say goodbye to my spot in the top 20. I know I've disappointed more people, especially those who pushed me to excel. I know I could do it, I just don't see the point in tiring myself amid the cheaters and the grade-conscious. Grades aren't everything. They never were. Maybe studying was really just an excuse, but it doesn't yield us the things that matter. And I see some of my classmates and the way they act - as if grades are their lives (Oh yes. Einstein. :|) And I tell myself that I never want to be the one who will regret high school because of that.

I'll tell you what matters. Doing the things you love. Being with the people you will surely miss after you walk one final time down the aisle with that framed, weightless paper. Now I'm half-expecting that things will all be smooth sailing, for the sake of it being my last year. But this has been my most dramatic year yet :>

I don't know what the rest of the year has in store for me. For all of us. All I know is that the year is already half-over and I still have a long list of things I haven't done. Let's make high school memorable. Magoover the bakod na ako! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment